Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 28

Yesterday, I went through images from the 1980s and 1990s and I found a few images which will be used to show change over time.  However, when I got to images from 2004 and younger, the mask I tried to apply did not work.  It was rather strange, because the software recognized the mask as a mask band, but when it was applied the values of zero caused by the broken mirror in landsat 7 were not ignored.  I met with Dr. Vodacek to show him  the problem and he said that he would speak to someone today who is more familiar with the ENVI software.  For now, he wants me to work on applying SAVI to the older images and if we cannot get the mask to function, then he said I can just apply SAVI despite the anomalies caused by the broken mirror in landsat 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment