Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 6: The First Day

Yesterday, July 6th, was a really exciting and fun day as it was the start of the internship.  I met with my fellow interns and our internship leaders in the morning and we spent the first half of the day touring the CIS building where we will spend the next six weeks working.  In addition, we performed a team building activity which involved us completing a list of tasks given to us by our internship leaders.  After lunch, we met with our individual advisers; my research adviser is Dr. Tony Vodacek in the Remote Sensing lab.  My project consists of viewing different satellite images of the Earth at various different wave lengths.  The specific location I am looking at is a park in Rwanda; I will analyze burn scars from forest fires and see how these burn scars directly relate to changing patterns of vegetation growth.  While yesterday was just an overview of the project, there will be more detailed updates to come.  I am really looking forward to the next six weeks with the Remote Sensing lab team!

No comments:

Post a Comment